One of the things I miss most about being a non-healthy eater is a proper breakfast. Let’s be frank: a real breakfast means carbs. Now, all I seem to eat for breakfast are eggs, and that definitely gets old.
So, I wanted pancakes. But I didn’t want to feel guilty about having them. So what did I do?
I replaced all the bad things in pancakes with decidedly less bad things:
- Fat free Greek Yogurt in place of Butter and Buttermilk
- Bananas and vanilla extract instead of Sugar
The result? Delicious, guilt free carbs (if there ever was such a thing).
Banana Yogurt Almost-Fat-Free Pancakes
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Yield: 16-20 small pancakes
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large or 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Combine the eggs and Greek yogurt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, pour in the flour.
- Into the flour bowl, pour your yogurt-egg mixture and combine well.
- Add the bananas, milk and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Spray it lightly with oil.
- When pan is hot, pour in approximately 1/4 cup fulls of mixture for each pancake.
- When the tops of the pancakes start to bubble, flip them over and cook until there’s a bit of a golden-brown tint to the bottom.
- Serve with fruit and maple syrup.